Youth and personal development
Youth and personal development is a semi-annual project whose purpose was to help young people improve their skills that will help them during school, but also prepare them a bit for the world of work, strengthening their self-confidence, empathy and communication skills. At the workshops, participants acquired new knowledge and skills needed to write a good resume, prepare for a job interview and develop creativity that will help them better prepare for the job market.
Today, young people are required to be flexible, to learn quickly, to be confident and open-minded, and the education system does not respond adequately to the needs of the labor market. Formal education requires memorizing a variety of information and strengthening skills such as memory, concentration, self-discipline and the like. In such an education system, young people do not learn enough about practical skills for life, which is why we conducted such a project with the aim of educating young people how to present themselves, how to communicate effectively (outside and within the team) and how to set goals.
Project coordinator: Life Potential
Duration: 1 June 2017 – 31 December 2017
Financing: The project is co-financed by the City of Zagreb.
Objective of the project
Contribute to work with young people through the creation of the Center for Personal Development for Youth and its activities in the direction of developing learning and acquiring lifelong competencies.
Specific objectives of the project
- acquiring skills for coping with stressful situations in a business environment
- preserving the mental health of students and young unemployed
- developing professional competencies of students and young unemployed
- increasing the employability of students and young unemployed
- 30 students and young unemployed involved in 2 cycles of workshops Youth and Personal Development
- 5 volunteers
- family members of life skills education participants
- all beneficiaries that program participants, volunteers and lecturers will meet in their further professional work
- Event planning and organization
- Informing the public and promoting events
- Organization of lecture space
- 8 educational workshops for young people in order to increase the quality of life – 2 cycles of 4 workshops
- 30 students and young unemployed included in a cycle of workshops dedicated to the acquisition of life skills
- 5 volunteers participated in the implementation of the project and indirectly got acquainted with the organization of events, but also the trainings that will be carried out
conducted 8 personal development workshops through innovative methods for a total of 16 school hours
- 2 trainers / lecturers participated in the workshops and gained practical experience in working with the participants of the mentioned trainings
- 5 members of the association gained experience in project implementation and strengthened the organizational capacity of the association.
This website was created with the financial support of the City of Zagreb. The content of this website is the sole responsibility of the Life Potential and under no circumstances can it be considered as a reflection of the position of the City of Zagreb.